Monday, May 01, 2006

New things here and there

Everything new is good.

A week before, I got myself a new car. I call him Bugsy. He is as close as I can get to having a boyfriend. He knows what type of music I like. He knows where I get my favorite food. He takes me wherever I want to go. He is everywhere I am. I don't want him out of my sight that sometimes, I have this urge to just leave everyhting behind and be with him to wherever. What's more, as long as you feed him, he never loses his cool. But I'm sorta getting the hint that Bugsy wants me to get a Magellan navigator, so I am seriously considering that option now. I cannot rely on Mapquest or Yahoo forever for directions. (That's why I hate it when friends change plans and I don't have someone with me in the car. I mean, what route do I take then? How many times do I have to tell them that I suck at directions?)

Today, I am sitting on my bed in my super comfy silk pj's and totally at peace with the world. How can I not be? Everywhere I look is new - bedsheets, quilt cover, pillowcases. Heck, I am literally on page one of the new novel I am reading!

What makes me even more pleased is the fact that my bathroom looks and smells absolutely good! Right after the mass and some great food courtesy of some great friends, I begged Jean to accompany me to the mall to buy some things for my bathroom. (Absent other friends, he is my trusty navigator). It's spring and I thought I needed to brighten it up a bit. Ta-da! I have this funky shower curtains in spring colors. It jazzed things up -including my mood - in a flash. Of course I put on the brakes and chose neutral shades for towels, rugs, toilet seat cover and whatnot. And this is a no-brainer: I could forget everything but a new stash of my favorite bath items. Gosh, I couldn't wait to take a bath again! :)

What tops it all off is my new digicam. Yes Bloggie, I finally got myself one after much thought (read: I was hoping for it to go on sale). The digicam I was dying to buy went on sale today, what do you know? The angels must have been be smiling at me, huh?

So yeah. This has been one fine day.





p.s.

lemme correct that, bloggie. today has been one super happy day! i think i deserve it. and i'll let you in on a secret. i was informed by cel that our 'hot skills bonus' are in. lo and behold, it was indeed in my account already. can someone wipe the grin off my face? i just cannot stop myself from smiling.

No comments: