Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy, happy once again

Hey there, Bloggie!

I just got home, but I guess I have to get to you and tell you some lip-smacking great news.

My 'restatement' team in Big Four garnered a "Local Chairman's Award". Honestly, I wasn't aware of it until my teammate IM'ed me about it.

Just so you know, administrative emails in my Inbox doesn't excite me. This is why I always find myself on the brink of missing deadlines, e.g., timesheets, PFFs, self-assessment forms...cr*ppy stuff. (Just recently, I found out that these things are in fact crucial in assessing bonuses!). Always just in time. No more, no less. Hmm...I'm lost in my own story. =)

Back to the story. So. I read the email. It said our 'excellent' job could be nominated for the "National Chairman's Award". But I was interested in something more tangible. As if reading my mind, the same teammate informed me a few hours after that we would be getting $500 each. That was the tangible I was talking about. Nice. But then, if I factored in the hours I worked overtime, and I guess this goes for the other seniors in the team, then that $500 is miniscule at the least.

But then again, it is better than nothing. And I am grateful. It is enough to cover monthly rent, gas and utilities. Or the cost of my plane fare for a much-needed vacay in July. Yipee!

P.S I got my car plates today. Yipee!

No comments: